Due to the delayed reopening of our school, as directed by the government in the midst of the current spike in COVID-19 infections nationwide, we have not yet been able to provide our learners with the hard copy learning materials they require for home education, via our online learning platform, ClassDojo.
Accordingly, we have made the following arrangement to enable parents/guardians to come to the school on Friday 22 January 2021 in order to collect the necessary items for their children:
1. There will be two collection sessions offered on Friday 22 January. The first session will commence at 06h30 in the morning and will end at 10h30. The second session will commence at 14h00 in the afternoon and end at 17h00. Parents/guardians are requested to choose the session that is most convenient for them and may arrive at any time within the available session hours.
2. Please note that there will be no distribution outside of the above-mentioned hours and we will not be available to assist parents/guardians who arrive at random times. Therefore, strict adherence to the prescribed session times is advised.
3. Parents/guardians may park their vehicles inside the school premises alongside the school buildings. There will be signage clearly visible to direct visitors.
4. All distribution will take place outside on the perimeter of the school hall. Distribution tables will be allocated to specific grades and will be clearly marked. Parents/guardians will be required to locate the table allocated to their child’s grade, at which the necessary learning materials will be available.
5. Parents/guardians are requested to refrain from engaging in conversation with our teachers. Our current school policy dictates that all in-person contact must be kept to an absolute minimum. Parents/guardians who wish to communicate with class teachers are advised to use the established e-mail channels.
6. Parents/guardians must ensure that they wear face masks on our school premises at all times. All visitors will be temperature screened and will be required to sanitise their hands before progressing to the distribution stations.
7. We are expecting large volumes of visitors on Friday. In the interests of safety and to avoid congestion, we request that parents/guardians immediately vacate the school premises once they are in possession of the required learning materials.
8. All ClassDojo online lessons will officially commence on Monday 25 January 2021.
Important Update: The decision by the government to delay the reopening of schools will reportedly be formalised and gazetted on Friday 22 January 2021. As things stand, all schools are scheduled to reopen on Monday 15 February 2021. However, if any concessions are offered to independent schools that will permit us to set our own date of return, we will ensure that parents/guardians are informed accordingly.
Mr. D. Tarr